Location: Pearlfisher London
An exciting opportunity to join our Realisation team, which is an integral foundation of Pearlfisher; making the future real. This role ensures that our designs work both in reality and in the future, enhancing our reputation and contributing to the positive development of the overall Pearlfisher brand.
We need you to:
Support and deliver our Realisation offer, driving technical excellence, creative thinking, materials innovation and problem-solving across all the creative work Pearlfisher produces. Inspire those around you, colleagues and clients alike, with your love of materials, and help to embed sustainability and lightweighting into our business and our Realisation offer.
This role requires the highest level of:
Technical materials knowledge / Innovative thinking / Communication skills / Organisation
You will show us that you have:
- A real love for materials, specifically glass, plastics and cardboard.
- Excellent technical materials knowledge and an understanding of lightweighting.
- A naturally inquisitive nature that motivates you to explore and understand emerging technologies and innovations within a materials and sustainability context.
- A natural inclination for coming up with, and actioning, ideas.
- A common-sense approach married with intelligence, expertise and initiative.
- The vision to see the ‘bigger picture’ and broader business issues and opportunities.
- Natural and engaging communication skills.
- An appreciation for design.
- A collaborative, supportive and constructive working style, which can connect at all levels within the Pearlfisher business and externally.
- Proven project management experience.
You will definitely need to be:
- Self-motivated and responsible, with a can-do attitude.
- Prepared to challenge yourself (and your colleagues) in the pursuit of excellence, knowledge and personal development.
The bare minimum we need from you is:
Two years’ experience of effectively and efficiently managing materials innovation and technical projects within a creative agency.
And the technical skills we’d appreciate are:
- Microsoft Office (Word/PPT/Excel)
Ideally, you will have experience of/exposure to:
- Reviewing artwork file separations
- Colour management
- Print run attendance
The role in detail
As a Creative Realisation Manager, you will be expected to:
- Be the key client and supplier contact for all technically-related activity and as such take the lead or assist on all communications including; technical immersions, pre-production meetings, approval stages, print trials and general discussions around technical delivery of our creative work. Be responsible in part or wholly (dependent upon client) for the ‘Realisation’ client relationship.
- Provide insights, technical advice and support for both Pearlfisher teams and clients across an array of project types, ensuring our design integrity is championed and delivered and that Realisation adds value at the appropriate stages of all projects. Consider new approaches, ideas or techniques throughout the project lifecycle.
- Act as a guardian for Realisation best practice, ensuring the correct technical activities occur at the optimal times and that your colleagues adhere to this process.
- Challenge client and supplier technical teams, where necessary, to deliver our creative vision.
- Work closely with Client Management to ensure they understand Realisation resource requirements throughout any given project and that this is reflected in both time and budget.
- Inspire your colleagues and our clients. This should take the form of understanding and demonstrating new production techniques, materials and technologies that can help deliver quality, differentiation, innovation and commercial effectiveness. You should always be problem-solving or pushing boundaries to create the best creative solution.
- Undertake your own development (with support and training where required) to increase and keep up-to-date your knowledge of artwork, print techniques, materials and production processes in order to meet the demands of any project Pearlfisher undertakes.
- Manage projects within an efficient and informative framework, providing your colleagues with the required input to enable them to confidently deliver work. Anticipate and pre-empt any issues which might create barriers for success.
- QC all technical aspects of your projects, ensuring all material (digital or physical) meets the technical criteria set down by our clients and suppliers. Equally important will be to ensure the material meets our high creative standards.
- Consider ways in which the Realisation team can develop through day-to-day and future processes/activities and help to develop our Innovation offering. This will be done with the support of senior team members and through your own research, development of key supplier relationships and desire to understand and bring new technologies, techniques and thinking to the forefront of the Pearlfisher team and our clients, specifically working closely with Strategy and Futures to grow the Realisation offer.
- Maintain and add to the structure, print and materials library to be used as a key resource for the Design and Realisation teams.
- Help to develop any junior members of the Realisation team in co-ordination with the Head of Realisation.
- Head up the procurement and sourcing of all lucites and mock-ups for your projects, while ensuring Client Management are aware of costs and timings for these.
- Work closely with the Head of Realisation and Client Management to maximise client development opportunities.
- Represent Realisation, where appropriate, in assisting with new business and pitch activities.
NB Pearlfisher reserves the right to amend your duties slightly or provide you with additional duties within your skills and competencies.
Assessment of success
Success will be viewed and measured as:
i. Creativity: Delivery of award-winning, inspiring and beautifully finished sustainable packaging.
ii. Commercial Effectiveness: Being conscious of deliverables, timeframes and budgets and helping to maximise client development opportunities.
iii. Cultural Value: impact, value and contribution to our working culture.
You will report directly to Pearlfisher London’s Head of Realisation.